- Open the Google Home app.
- The app will automatically detect your Google Home mini. If not, tap the Add icon Set up device.
- If you’ve connected to the device you should hear a sound from the Mini.
- Tap Yes in the app.
- Now follow on-screen instructions to set up your Google home mini.
What is Google Home Mini?
Google Home Mini is Google’s answer to the Amazon Echo. It is small, portable, and can do a lot of things. It can play audio, tell jokes, tell you the weather, show you recipes, play YouTube videos, and more. Google Home Mini is a hands-free speaker that can give you answers to questions, control your smart home devices, play music, and more. Here’s how to set up a Google Home Mini.
Google Home Mini is a smart home speaker built for small rooms. It features a seven-microphone array with beamforming technology, allowing it to hone in on sounds from across the room. It includes a full-range woofer for powerful, room-filling sound, and two-way stereo speakers. Google Home Mini also has a six-microphone array with beamforming technology and the Google Assistant built-in.
The Google Home Mini is an entry-level smart speaker, available in a wide variety of colors and finishes. Its cylindrical shape resembles a basketball, which makes sense: Like the basketball, Google Home Mini responds to commands using touch, voice, or both.
In addition to playing music and controlling smart home devices, the Home Mini can create scheduled tasks and play videos on a Chromecast-enabled screen. Google just introduced the ability to make phone calls from the Home speakers, as well as find your phone if you lost it.
- Awesome sound quality
- Cool design
- Impulse pricing
- Fabric is poor
- Limited audio output
- Not more advanced as compared to Alexa
Why won’t my Google Home Mini connect to Wi-Fi?
- Connectivity issues? Reset your router!
- Wait 30 seconds for it to fully shut down before re-plugging it in.
- After a few minutes, your WiFi connection will be reset and you can reconnect your Google Home Mini.
How do I connect my Google Home Mini to Wi-Fi?
- Activate the Google Home app and connect your Google Home device.
- Select Play Test Sound to verify the connection.
- Then connect to WiFi.
How do I set up my Google Home Mini?
- Connect your Google Home or Nest Mini.
- Open the Google Home app from the App Store or Play Store.
- Simply tap “Get Started” in the app.
Why won’t my Google Home Mini connect to my phone?
- Reset the device. Turn off and on your mobile or tablet’s WiFi.
- Reopen the Google Home app and retry.
- Reset the device.
How do I pair to Google Home?
- To use Google Home as a speaker, first couple it.
- You have two options: “OK Google, link Bluetooth.”
- Go to the Google Home app on your phone and choose the device.
- Enable Pairing Mode and connect to the device.
Does Google Home Mini need to be plugged in?
Yes, the device must always be plugged into a wall socket.
What’s the difference between Nest Mini and Google Mini?
However, unlike the Google Home Mini, the Nest Mini has a screw mount on the back, allowing it to be wall-mounted.
Why is my Google Home Mini not working?
Restart your Google Home Mini if it won’t switch on. If it’s a firmware issue, try factory resetting. Google Mini bricked? Contact Google Support.
Can you set up Google Home with an iPhone?
Smart speaker with built-in Google Assistant. It’s like Amazon’s Echo and Alexa. Google Home is available on iOS and Android devices. You may use an iPhone or Android to configure and control your Google Home speaker.
Why is my Wi-Fi not connecting to the internet?
Check if your ISP is down If none of your devices can connect to the internet but your WiFi indicator is still on, your internet provider is probably down. Always check before rebooting and rearranging cables.
How do I reset my Google Home Mini?
Press and hold the factory reset button below the power cord on Home Mini. After 5 seconds, your device will be reset.
Does Google Mini work with iPhone?
Yes, it works completely fine with iPhones.